Sobre filtros bujias y separadores ayuda

hola buenas nada que le voy a cambiar el filtro de aire y las bujias al coche que me recomendais el de serie o alguno con mas prestaciones y de las bujias que me decis, aceite voy a usar mobil 0w30, otra ultima cosa alguein lleva puesto separadores en el mr2 que tal va un saludo y gracias de antemano.

Yo, tras mucho leer, al final monté el filtro de aire original Toyota, 14 €, es el que más capadito deja el motor, pero a la vez el que más mierda retiene.

De bují­as no entiendo :smiley:

Aceite te recomiendo una viscosidad en caliente más alta que 30, no sé por qué zona de España vivirás tú, pero por el sur, con las temperaturas que solemos tener y con el añadido de darle caña al motor, lo mejor un 5W50 ó un 10W60 en verano.

Saludos.

yo es que en el libro lei que era bueno 5w30 epro bueno al final le hexe ese yo vivo en navarra no se a ver si va bien saludos y gracias.

En esto siempre hay diversas opiniones, pero hay gente que recomienda 5w30 o 5w40, sin embargo Juanga respecto al 10w60 tengo mis dudas… :unamused:

Os dejo un extracto de unos mensajes de “Oilman”, un vendedor de aceite para motor que frecuenta algunos foros y parece que controla bastante:

[color=green]"WRC teams tend to use sae 30 and 40 oils, The Subaru one uses Motul 300V 5w-40 for example.

Don’t use 10w-60 unless the car is seeing very extreme oil temps, by this I mean in excess of 140degC!

Let’s get one thing clear, I supply 10w-60 and recommend it where it is appropriate for the engine or the application but conversly I caution against it’s misuse!

I have debated this many times on many car forums and I know there are some that do not agree with me however I have never had a reasonable technical explanation why 10w-60 is in fact suitable, it’s certainly not mentioned in the handbooks of many modern highly tuned performance cars, with the exception of some Alfa Romeos for “spirited driving” whatever that is meant supposed mean.

Explaining this is diffucult so there may be questions but I’ll try my best to explain it in plain English!

Lets look at what oil specs actually mean and particularly the higher number which is in fact the oils SAE number (the “w” number is in fact the cold crank viscosity and measured in a different way) The SAE number is measured by the oils viscosity at 100degC.

Your cars require according to the manufacturers specs, sae 30, 40 and in some cases sae 50.

To attain the relevent sae number the oil has to be at 100degC (no thinner than)

SAE 30 11cst approx
SAE 40 14cst approx
SAE 50 18cst approx

Centistokes (cst) is the measure of a fluid’s resistance to flow (viscosity). It is calculated in terms of the time required for a standard quantity of fluid at a certain temperature to flow through a standard orifice. The higher the value, the more viscous the fluid.

As viscosity varies with temperature, the value is meaningless unless accompanied by the temperature at which it is measured. In the case of oils, viscosity is generally reported in centistokes (cst) and usually measured at 40degC and 100degC.

SAE 60 is in fact 24cst viscosity at 100degC!

This is 33% thicker than an sae 50, 70% thicker than an sae 40 and over 100% thicker than an sae 30!

So, what’s the problem with this thickness?

Well, this is measured at 100degC and at lower temps (70-90degC) all oils are thicker than at 100degC so the problem is compounded to some extent.

The downsides of such a thick oil (when not specified) are as follows:

Additional friction, heat and wear.
A reduction of BHP at the wheels
Lower fuel consumption

The thicker the oil is the more friction and drag and the more power the engine needs to move it around the engine which inevitably translates to less at the wheels.

So, when do we spec a thicker oil?

Well, you will probably have seen us on occassions recommending a 10w-50 but only in these circumstances.

1. If the car is heavily modded and heat/oil temperatures are excessive.
  2. If the car is used on track and heat/oil temperatures are excessive.
  3. If it’s required by the handbook.

Our criteria for this is based on oil temps as an sae 40 semi-synthetic can handle around 110degC for limited periods whereas a proper synthetic sae 40 can hande 120-130degC for prolonged periods due to its thermal stability.

Once you see more than say 120degC for prolonged periods an sae 50 is adviseable as it is 18cst at 100degC and still 11cst at 130degC! This is in fact the same as an sae 30 at 100degC.

More importantly at 90degC an sae 40 is 15cst, an sae 50 is 20cst and an sae 60 is 30cst!

In a worst case scenario with thick oils (when not required) is that you will experience air entrainment and cavitation inside the bearings at high RPM. Not clever stuff!

I know this is technical stuff but oil is a combination of science and engineering and few people know enough about it to make an informed choice. Just because your mates use it and have had no problems is not a good enough reason to use it, your engine would prefer and benefit from the correct oil.

Cheers
Simon"[/color]

y otro:

[color=green]"You’re better off with a shear stable 5w-30 or 5w-40 true synthetic oil that has group IV and V basestocks.

Basestock categories and descriptions

All oils are comprised of basestocks and additives. Basestocks make up the majority of the finished product and represent between 75-95%.

Not all basestocks are derived from petroleum, in fact the better quality ones are synthetics made in laboratories by chemists specifically designed for the application for which they are intended.

Basestocks are classified in 5 Groups as follows:

Group I

These are derived from petroleum and are the least refined. These are used in a small amount of automotive oils where the applications are not demanding.

Group II

These are derived from petroleum and are mainly used in mineral automotive oils. Their performance is acceptable with regards to wear, thermal stability and oxidation stability but not so good at lower temperatures.

Group III

These are derived from petroleum but are the most refined of the mineral oil basestocks. They are not chemically engineered like synthetics but offer the highest level of performance of all the petroleum basestocks. They are also known as “hydrocrackedâ€

Yo para el filtro iria a un K&N y las bujias unas de iridio de TRD

el filtro kn pero de sustitucion no como el de serie en forma y donde puedo conseguir esas bujias de trd un saludo y gracias a todos

tambien estoy pensando en montarle llantas pero no se si 16 o 17 la verdad es que en 16 ya me gusta como quedan luego los neumaticos he pensado en ponerle 195 delante y 205 detras que os parece un saludo.

ola de nuevo alguien lleva separadores me gustaria saber de cuanto y que tal va, yo estoy pensando en meterle de 15 delante y 20 detras que os parece y luego eso alguna llanta pero en 16 saludos.

La llanta 16 es más equilibrada para no perder demasiadas prestaciones (lo ideal es que busques una llanta que pese lo menos posible), aunque las 17 quedan de vicio. Depende de lo que prefieras…

Si pones 195 delante (buena elección) yo pondrí­a 215 detrás, para mantener el ratio original, si no tendrá más tendencia a sobrevirar…

muchas gracias spynish a ya ha llegado el escape bueno esta en correos hoy pasare a recogerlo que ganas tengo los separadores que os parece llevais vosotros puesto yo mas que nada lo quiero por lo bonito que queda viendo el coche desde atras jj en todos lo coches que he tenido se los he puesto un saludo.

na eso a ver si alguien lleva separadores en el coche y de cuanto que le quiero meter al mio pero no lo tengo tan claro venga un saludo.

Ola tios acabo de inscribirme en el club ace un par de dias y keria preguntaros una cosa mu importante.
Tengo un mr2 mkII de 160 cv del 92 y la pregunta es q a mi coche le han kitado los colectores y el filtro de aire y le an puesto un kit admision gsr a medida (lo compre asi ace 3 semanas)
El coche suena q te cagas y le aumenta la potencia bastant pero sq despues de pisarlo (kemar ruedas), cuando paras sale olor a gasolina del tubo de la admision y entra en la cabina. Me an dicho en talleres q no me preocupe q eso es normal al no yevar filtro de aire pero aun asi kiero saber vuestra opinion.
Gracias y saludos

bujias para el mk3 las ngk iridium.

buenas de nuevo nada que todabia ando a vueltas con los separadores los cuales ya me han llegado, y nada ya he cambiado los esparragos de alante lo que pasa es que para cambiar los traseros tengo que sacar el buje por lo que casi seguro al sacar el buje me cargare el rodamiento alguien sabe si los puedo encontrar piratas para casi todos los coches me voy a una tienda de recambios y tienen pero para el mr2 no se que me va a dar que no y tendre que cojerlos en la casa a ver si alguien que haya montado separadores me puede decir cuanto salen mas o menos un saludo y Feliz 2007 a todos

por que no los pides a algun fabricante de rodamientos directamente, yo lo he echo asi en un par de ocasiones(rodamientos cigueñal de una moto y rodamientos de mi ibiza), y es lo mas barato.Solo mide bien para pedirlos correctamente y llevate los viejos de muestra.
Un fabricante,skf.En alcoi alicante tienen una tienda,pero no se donde mas habra.
Suertee¡¡¡

no si yo soy mecanico y trabajo con tiendas que me hacen descuentos muy buenos lo que pasa que para este coche no hacen casi piezas paralelas, los filtros y asi si pero por ejemplo las correas no pero bueno a ver si me encuentran algo un saludo y gracias.

lo que yo te digo es pedirlos directamente al fabricante de rodamientos( te los hacen a medida incluso)